This blog contains reflections and thoughts on my work as a software engineer

fredag den 10. oktober 2008

Perception test

While researching a little this night (read: surfing Youtube clips to kill half an hour) I found myself watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSgE-7mP6Sk

Considering my post from yesterday about the art of testing nonfunctional requirements: We should first thing tomorrow stop asking people in the business "Does this piece of software work?" because they will look at the things they can see and filter out what they can't see! Damn..... We might just have to ask differently: "Did we miss out anything on this page?" and if the theory is correct they would be filtering away all the visible stuff and focusing their mind on what should be working but isn't....

Interesting thought, I think :o)

Regards K.

Ingen kommentarer: